Alcohol Permits for Select Parks Now Available on the Web
05/24/2010 | Bert Ijams, Marketing Specialist
Alcohol permits may be purchased online any day of the week, at any time of the day. Permits are issued for use on Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays ONLY. Alcohol Permits may be purchased for Gateway, West Wetlands, Carver, Kennedy, Smucker, Caballero, Joe Henry, Riverside, and Friendship Parks.
The cost for Alcohol Permits purchased online is $22. Purchase a Yuma Parks and Recreation Alcohol Permit. (This link will take you to an external website that is not part of the City of Yuma official website.)
Rules governing the use of Alcohol Permits include the following:
- The permit is not transferable.
- Permit is valid for specified date and time of event only.
- Only Malted beverages (such as Beer) are allowed in City Parks. Glass beverage containers are not permitted.
- Permit holder only is allowed to bring alcoholic beverages into the park and is responsible for the conduct of all group members.
- Area must be left clean.
- Obnoxious behavior or excessive noise will not be permitted.
- Parks are open to the public from Sunrise - 11:00pm. Parks hours must be observed.
- Permit holder must retain permit and make available upon request by proper park or police official.
- Issuance of Alcohol Beverage Permit does not guarantee a reservation of a Yuma Parks and Recreation facility or ramada.
- Permit holder will be responsible for assuring ALL MEMBERS of his/her party that consume alcohol are of legal age to drink alcoholic beverages according to Arizona State law.
- The volume of amplified music must conclude by 10 p.m.
- Alcoholic beverages are not permitted in parking lots, or children's play areas.
- The sale of alcoholic beverages in City parks is strictly prohibited unless a special license and insurance are obtained.
- Alcoholic beverages are not to be consumed by team members during athletic team competition.
- You must be at least 21 years of age to purchase an alcohol permit.
For More Information
If you have questions or need more information, please contact the Parks and Recreation Office.