Get information about past election results, candidate information, voter registration, early voting and more.
The City of Yuma holds regular elections in odd numbered years for the purpose of electing candidates. Additionally, the City may hold elections for other purposes as the City Council may prescribe.
Upcoming Election Information
Recent Primary and General Elections
- Final Unofficial Results as of March 12, 2015
- Publicity Pamphlet for Special Election, March 10, 2015
Voter registration for City elections is conducted by the Yuma County Recorder's Office. Mail-in registration forms (postage paid) are available at the Yuma County Recorder's Office, the City Clerk's Office, and at other locations throughout the community such as banks, post offices, and the public library.
Individuals must be registered to vote for at least 29 days prior to an election.
Early VotingAny qualified elector may vote by early ballot. Early voting is conducted by the Yuma County Recorder's Office. Early ballots may be requested by completing a Request for Early Ballot form which is mailed prior to each election cycle or by contacting the Yuma County Recorder's Office.
Where Do I Vote? (Vote Centers)
During the Special Election on Tuesday, March 10, 2015, from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. registered voters can cast their ballot at any of the following Vote Centers:
- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Neighborhood Center
300 S. 13th Avenue, Yuma, AZ 85364
- Yuma Civic Center
1440 W Desert Hills Drive, Yuma, AZ 85365
- Community Christian Church
6480 E. Highway 95, Yuma, AZ 85365
Not Sure Which Precinct is Yours?
Although you can vote at ANY of the above Voting Centers, If you would like to know your registered precinct, you can visit the Secretary of State's "Voter Information Center." (This link will take you to an external website that is NOT part of the City of Yuma official website.)
Additional information that may be helpful to a voter is available via these links:
- Political and Campaign Sign Information
- Yuma County Recorder's Office (This link will take you to an external website that is not part of the City of Yuma official website.)
Publicity Pamphlets and Sample Ballots
- 2015 Special Election Publicity Pamphlet
- 2013 General Election Sample Ballot
- 2012 General Special Election Publicity Pamphlet (incl. ballot text)
- 2011 General Special Election Publicity Pamphlet
- 2011 Primary Election Publicity Pamphlet
- 2010 General/Special Election Publicity Pamphlet
- 2010 Special Election Publicity Pamphlet
Running For Public Office
The City Clerk's Office prepares a candidate packet of materials to assist individuals who may be interested in running for public office. The information below was prepared for the 2013 election cycle.
Campaign Finance Information
Any candidate or combination of persons organized for the purpose of influencing the result of an election is required by Arizona law to file a Political Committee Statement of Organization. In addition, each political committee must file Campaign Finance Reports of contributions and expenditures.
- View Campaign Finance Reports...
- Download Political Action Committee and Campaign Finance Forms...
- Campaign Contributions and Expenses For Local Jurisdictions...
(from the Office of the Secretary of State)
- New 2013 Contribution Laws
Past Election Results
- November 5, 2013 General Election
- August 27, 2013 Primary Election
- November 19, 2012 Press Release: City Voters Pass 2012 General Plan
- November 8, 2011 General Special Election
- May 18, 2010 Special Election
- November 3, 2009 General Election
- September 1, 2009 Primary Election
- May 19, 2009 Special Election
- November 4, 2008 Special Election
- November 6, 2007 General/Special Election
- September 11, 2007 Primary/Special Election
If you have any questions regarding elections, please contact the City Clerk's Office at (928) 373-5035. Thank you.
Si usted tiene alguna pregunta acerca de las elecciones, favor de comunicarse con la Secretaria Municipal al (928) 373-5035. Gracias.