Get information about results, candidate information, voter registration, early voting and more. The November 5th 2013 General Election will elect (3) Councilmembers who will serve from January 1, 2014 - December 31, 2017.
The City of Yuma holds regular elections in odd numbered years for the purpose of electing candidates. Additionally, the City may hold elections for other purposes as the City Council may prescribe.
Recent Primary and Upcoming General Elections
The upcoming General Election will be held on November 5, 2013 from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. The purpose of this election is to elect three Councilmembers to serve from January 1, 2014 to December 31, 2017.
- 2013 General Election Sample Ballot
- 2013 Primary and General Election Candidate Manual
- 2013 General Election Candidate List (updated 9/25/2013)
- Press Release: City of Yuma Primary Election Results
- Press Release: Voter Information for City Primary Election on Tuesday, August 27, 2013
- Press Release: Some Races Could be Decided in City Primary Election on August 27, 2103
Voter registration for City elections is conducted by the Yuma County Recorder's Office. Mail-in registration forms (postage paid) are available at the Yuma County Recorder's Office, the City Clerk's Office, and at other locations throughout the community such as banks, post offices, and the public library.
Individuals must be registered to vote for at least 29 days prior to an election.
Early VotingAny qualified elector may vote by early ballot. Early voting is conducted by the Yuma County Recorder's Office. Early ballots may be requested by completing a Request for Early Ballot form which is mailed prior to each election cycle or by contacting the Yuma County Recorder's Office.
Where Do I Vote?
During the General election on Tuesday, November 5, 2013, from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. registered voters can cast their ballot at any of the following Vote Centers:
- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Neighborhood Center,
300 S. 13th Avenue
- Yuma County Health Dept.,
2200 W. 28th Street
- Yuma Civic Center,
1440 W. Desert Hills Drive
- Yuma Readiness and Community Center,
6550 E. 24th Street
Not Sure Which Precinct is Yours?
Although you can vote at ANY of the above Voting Centers, if you would like to know your registered precinct, you can visit the Secretary of State's "Voter Information Center." (This link will take you to an external website that is NOT part of the City of Yuma official website.)
Additional information that may be helpful to a voter is available via these links:
- Political and Campaign Sign Information
- Yuma County Recorder's Office (This link will take you to an external website that is not part of the City of Yuma official website.)
Publicity Pamphlets and Sample Ballots
Running For Public Office
The City Clerk's Office prepares a candidate packet of materials to assist individuals who may be interested in running for public office. The information below was prepared for the 2013 election cycle.
Campaign Finance Information
Any candidate or combination of persons organized for the purpose of influencing the result of an election is required by Arizona law to file a Political Committee Statement of Organization. In addition, each political committee must file Campaign Finance Reports of contributions and expenditures.
- View Campaign Finance Reports...
- Download Political Action Committee and Campaign Finance Forms...
- Campaign Contributions and Expenses For Local Jurisdictions...
(from the Office of the Secretary of State)
- New 2013 Contribution Laws
Past Election Results
- November 19, 2012 Press Release: City Voters Pass 2012 General Plan
- November 8, 2011 General Special Election
- May 18, 2010 Special Election
- November 3, 2009 General Election
- September 1, 2009 Primary Election
- May 19, 2009 Special Election
- November 4, 2008 Special Election
- November 6, 2007 General/Special Election
- September 11, 2007 Primary/Special Election
- August 27, 2013 Primary Election
If you have any questions regarding elections, please contact the City Clerk's Office at (928) 373-5035. Thank you.
Si usted tiene alguna pregunta acerca de las elecciones, favor de comunicarse con la Secretaria Municipal al (928) 373-5035. Gracias.