About City Administration
City Administration oversees the efficient and effective operation of the city organization and its 800-plus full-time staff.
Where ‘The Buck’ REALLY Stops
The City Administrator oversees the operations of the city organization and its 800-plus full time staff. The City has an annual budget of about $250 million.
The City Administrator is the chief administrative officer of the city organization and is appointed by the Mayor and Council to serve in that capacity. As chief administrative officer, he is charged with everything the City does for the citizens of this community. All employees serve under the direction of the City Administrator and he implements the policies and directions adopted by the City Council.
City Administration encompasses several divisions:
- The City Clerk's Office manages and stores all official records of the City of Yuma. The City Clerk conducts all elections of the City.
- The Office of Communications and Public Affairs Division exists to provide information to citizens of Yuma and the various regional/national media outlets about City and community initiatives, projects and events.
- The Yuma Crossing National Heritage Area is to conserve and enhance the natural, cultural and historic resources of our community.
- Neighborhood Services creates and implements plans, policies and programs that preserve and improve the physical, social and economic life in our fine city.
- The Facilities Maintenance Division is responsible for the 150,000 square foot City Hall building and the maintenance of Public Works, Yuma Police Department and Municipal Court House.
For More Information
If you have any questions or would like more information, please contact the City Administrator's Office.