Media and Public Affairs
Radio. TV. Print. E-mail. Internet. Social Media. The Media and Public Affairs team uses all the tools at its disposal to provide relevant information to you. This includes:
- News about changes in City services or the City organization;
- Official statements about current events;
- Opportunities for participation in City programs and events put on by the City or at a City facility.
The Media and Public Affairs team communicates with local media and directly with residents through:
- News releases distributed via e-mail and posted on the News section of the City's website;
- Social media posts available through web or mobile services (this includes Twitter and Facebook but may also grow to include other services as applications);
- Cable television channels 73 and 72 (Spanish-language), for which we operate, program and produce local content;
- Weekly radio show, which we produce and host.
The Media and Public Affairs team maintains working relationships with members of the local media and coordinates interviews between reporters and staff members best suited to answer their questions. If you saw it, heard about it or read about the City on the news, Media and Public Affairs helped make that happen.
News Release Subscription
If you wish to receive all City of Yuma news release in your email inbox at the time they are distributed to members of the media, send us email.
For More Information
If you have questions or require more information, please contact the Media and Public Affairs Team.
- City 73 Programming Schedule
Programming is available on Channel 73 twenty-four hours per day and seven days per week. Continued...
- Customer Convenience Schedule
There's a good chance you need to be at work between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday, so we've changed things to make it a little easier for you Continued...