The City of Yuma Public Works Department provides curbside or alley trash pickup for residents of the City of Yuma.
The City of Yuma Public Works Department provides curbside or alley trash pickup for residents of and some small businesses in the City of Yuma four days a week, excluding holidays.
Residential trash and recycling is collected in each neighborhood between 6 a.m. and 4 p.m. according to a master schedule.
Residential Trash Collection
- Subdivisions South of 16th Street and East of Avenue B will be picked up on Monday .
- Subdivisions North of 16th Street and West of Avenue B will be picked up on Tuesday.
Curbside Recycling Pick-Up
- Subdivisions South of 16th Street and East of Avenue B will be picked up on Thursday.
- Subdivisions North of 16th Street and West of Avenue B will be picked up on Friday.
If your collection day falls on a holiday, your trash or recycling will be picked up the following collection day along with that day's normal routes. View the Residential Holiday Collection Schedule.
Rules & Regulations
In order to make trash collection easy and efficient for both citizens and collectors, the City of Yuma Public Works Department has certain regulations that should relieve potential problems. Refuse that does not meet these regulations will not be picked up.
- The refuse container must be placed at the curbside by 6 a.m. on your collection day.
- The handles and wheels must be facing the house and the container located at least 10 feet away from any object.
- Make sure the container is not overfilled, that all trash is bagged properly and that the lid is closed.
- After the containers are emptied, they should be removed immediately or no later than 6 p.m. on the collection day.
- Other materials, such as building materials, bulk items, appliances, certain yard waste, Christmas trees and recyclable goods, are picked up separately from regular trash and should not be left out on regular trash days.
- The department will not collect household hazardous waste materials.
For More Information
To receive a flyer explaining trash pickup regulations, trash collection schedules, container replacement, information on disposing of bulk items or household hazardous waste, or other information please contact the City of Yuma Public Works Department.