Connect with old or new friends, compete in any of over 30 different events and have a great time when you join us for the Annual Senior Games! Family, friends and the general public are always welcome to attend the events and it's FREE to spectate.
This Year's Games Begin on January 15, 2014 and Run Through February 27, 2014.
Family, friends and the general public are invited to attend all events. As always, it is FREE to spectate and cheer on your favorite participants
Hundreds of active seniors will participate in the over 30 scheduled events that encourage people over 50 years of age to continue fitness opportunities and to compete and interact with their peers. The Senior Games will commence with a colorful opening ceremony and a pledge to the spirit of competition and friendship in which the games are based.
Senior Olympics Pledge - "As a Senior Olympian, I pledge myself to the spirit of the Olympics: the spirit of achievement, that I may reach my goals; the spirit of competition that I may win or lose with pride and honor; the spirit of friendship, that I may be a true friend to those around me."
Tell Me More
Those looking for physical competition or mental challenge can find both in the Yuma Senior Games. Opportunities to exercise your mind and body include but are not limited to pinochle, dart throwing, euchre, tennis, dominoes, bocce, the bean bag toss, basketball shooting contests and golf.
Senior Games Brochure
For complete information on everything related to the Yuma Senior Games including registration, venues, divisions, contact information and fees, view the Senior Games brochure. We also have an easy-to-print complete calendar listing of all competitions and activities.
How Do I Register?
Registration begins Monday, December 2, 2013. There is a $10 registration fee for each participant, plus $5 per event per participant. The registration fee includes the Opening Ceremonies and novelty events and the Closing Ceremony Potluck Luncheon and slide presentation. T-shirts are also included in the registration fee as long as supplies last.
Complete a Senior Games official entry application or pick one up at City of Yuma Parks & Recreation, One City Hall Plaza, Yuma, Arizona.
There are two ways to submit official entry applications and related event fees.
- In person to the Yuma Parks & Recreation Office, One City Plaza, Yuma, AZ.
- By mail to Yuma Parks & Recreation, One City Plaza, Yuma, AZ 85366
Yuma Parks and Recreation office hours are 7 a.m. - 6 p.m. Monday to Thursday. Alternate Fridays we are open from 7 a.m. - 5 p.m. (City Hall is closed every other Friday.)
All participants must register a minimum of four (4) days in advance of their event. No on-site registration will be taken. Please see the Senior Games brochure for deadline information and specific event fees.
For More Information
If you have questions or would like more information, please contact the Yuma Parks and Recreation Office.
Senior Games Results
Results for THIS Year's 30th Annual Senior Games
Results will be posted weekly, AFTER the games have begun...
- Senior Games Results Week 1: Golf (Desert Hills Par 3) and Novelty Events (Bowling Pin Throw, Nail Driving Contest and Water Balloon Toss)
- Senior Games Results Week 2: Basketball Shooting Contests, Bocce Ball (Doubles), Dart Throwing, Euchre, Shuffleboard (Singles) and Tennis (Doubles)
- Senior Games Results Week 3: Cribbage, Golf (Desert Hills Municipal Golf Course), Horseshoes (Singles), Pool Shooting (Men & Women), Tennis (Doubles Mixed) and Track & Field Events
- Senior Games Results Week 4: Bowling, Football Contests, Pinochle, Pool Shooting (Doubles Women), Putting Contest and Volleyball (4-on-4)
- Senior Games Results Week 5: Miniature Golf (Men & Women), Pickleball (Doubles Men & Doubles Women), Pool Shooting (Doubles Men & Doubles Mixed) and Wahshoes
- Senior Games Results Week 6: Archery, Fitness Walks, Pickleball (Doubles Mixed), Table Tennis (Singles) and Volleyball (6-on-6)
- Senior Games Results Week 7: Bean Bag Toss (Men & Women)
Past Year's Senior Games Results
Results for LAST year's 29th Annual Senior Games.
- Senior Games Results Week 1: Bocce (Doubles), Dominoes, Euchre, Golf (Par 3) and the Novelty Events (Bowling Pin Throw, Nail Driving & Water Balloon Toss)!
- Senior Games Results Week 2: Basketball Shooting Contests, Dart Throwing, Softball Contests, Tennis (Doubles) and Volleyball (4 on 4)
- Senior Games Results Week 3: Cribbage, Golf, Horseshoes (Singles), Pool Shooting (Men's & Women's), Tennis (Mixed Doubles), and Track & Field Events
- Senior Games Results Week 4: Pinochle, Bowling, Pool Shooting (Doubles Men's & Doubles Women's) and Wahshoes
- Senior Games Results Week 5: Fitness Walks, Football Contests, Miniature Golf (Men & Women), Pickle Ball (Doubles Men's & Doubles Mixed), Pool Shooting (Doubles Mixed), Table Tennis (Singles) and Volleyball (6 on 6)