A safe off-leash park for dogs of all shapes and sizes.
The Bark Park is located on Palo Verde Street just west of Pacific Avenue in Yuma and is over three acres in size. It was designed to provided a safe, contained area for dogs and their owners to play and to socialize.
Hours of Operation
The Bark Park is open Wednesday through Monday from dawn until 9:00 pm. The park is closed on Tuesday for maintenance.
Rules of the Bark Park
- The Bark Park is an off-leash dog park.
- Park users and dog owners assume all risk related to park use.
- No skateboards, bicycles or roller-skates allowed in the park.
- Owners must remain with dogs and carry a leash in the park.
- Owners must "scoop the poop." It is required to immediately pick up feces by using the plastic bags and garbage receptacles provided.
- Dogs must be licensed and have current vaccinations.
- Dogs must be removed at first sign of aggression.
- Dogs must be wearing a collar with identification, and a pet license.
- Puppies under four months are prohibited.
- Dogs in heat are prohibited.
- It is recommended that dogs be spayed/neutered.
- Dog handlers must be 14 years or older.
- Limit two dogs per handler.
- Children under the age of 6 are not permitted due to health and safety issues. ALL children must be supervised carefully.
- Dogs must be leashed prior to entering and upon leaving the fenced area.
- Hole digging is prohibited.
- No pronged training collars.
- No animals other than dogs permitted.
- Professional dog trainers are not permitted to conduct business in the Bark Park without permit.
- No glass containers of any kind are permitted.
- Never allow your dog to chase children or others.
- "One Gulp" dog treats are permitted. No bones or chew treats.
- No food or smoking allowed in Dog Park.
- It is unlawful to abandon an animal in the State of Arizona (ARS 13-2910.A1).
For More Information
If you have questions or require more information, please contact the Parks and Recreation Office.
More Recent News...
- City of Yuma Road Report for July 25, 2014
This week's update of road construction projects: 8th Street, Orange to 6th Avenues – APS; 40th Street and Avenue 4E Intersection; 21st Street, between 3rd and 4th Avenues; Avenue A, 24th Street – YRMC; South Frontage Road – ADOT; and more. Continued... 07/25/2014
- Fire House Facts and Tips on Water Safety
Fire House Facts for Sunday July 13, 2014 through Saturday July 19, 2014 and Tips on Water Safety. Continued... 07/23/2014
- CIP News: Main Street Water Treatment Plant
A 2000KW diesel generator and accompanying 4,000 gallon double wall diesel fuel tank were recently installed at the Main Street Water Treatment Facility. With a full tank, this new generator has the ability to run the facility for up to 3 days. Continued... 07/18/2014
- City of Yuma Road Report for July 17, 2014
This week's update of road construction projects: 40th Street and Avenue 4E intersection four-way stop; Repair work scheduled on 24th Street, between 3rd and 4th Avenues; Traffic change near Avenue A and 24th Street; Avenue A, 24th Street - YRMC; and more Continued... 07/17/2014
- 'Selfie in the Park' Photo Contest
Friday, August 15th is the last day to send us HAPPY, FRIENDLY, SMILEY photographs of families, children and/or animals playing in any of the Yuma parks or recreational facilities. You could win a Season Pool Pass! Continued...
- July is National Park & Recreation Month!
In this month's news letter, we'll find out why 'Out is In'; share 'Selfies' in the park and catch up on the latest events and happenings from Parks & Recreation. Continued...
- Online Registration for Parks & Recreation Programs Now Available
Our spring programs begin April 14, 2014 and summer programs begin June 2, 2014. On-line registration is available for programs not requiring a birth certificate/registration form. Some programs are not available online. Continued...
- Events, Tickets & Classes
Find out about Recreation classes, shows at the Historic Yuma Theatre, Yuma Civic Center events, and much, much more. Continued...