A safe off-leash park for dogs of all shapes and sizes.
The Bark Park is located on Palo Verde Street just west of Pacific Avenue in Yuma and is over three acres in size. It was designed to provided a safe, contained area for dogs and their owners to play and to socialize.
Hours of Operation
The Bark Park is open Wednesday through Monday from dawn until 9:00 pm. The park is closed on Tuesday for maintenance.
Rules of the Bark Park
- The Bark Park is an off-leash dog park.
- Park users and dog owners assume all risk related to park use.
- No skateboards, bicycles or roller-skates allowed in the park.
- Owners must remain with dogs and carry a leash in the park.
- Owners must "scoop the poop." It is required to immediately pick up feces by using the plastic bags and garbage receptacles provided.
- Dogs must be licensed and have current vaccinations.
- Dogs must be removed at first sign of aggression.
- Dogs must be wearing a collar with identification, and a pet license.
- Puppies under four months are prohibited.
- Dogs in heat are prohibited.
- It is recommended that dogs be spayed/neutered.
- Dog handlers must be 14 years or older.
- Limit two dogs per handler.
- Children under the age of 6 are not permitted due to health and safety issues. ALL children must be supervised carefully.
- Dogs must be leashed prior to entering and upon leaving the fenced area.
- Hole digging is prohibited.
- No pronged training collars.
- No animals other than dogs permitted.
- Professional dog trainers are not permitted to conduct business in the Bark Park without permit.
- No glass containers of any kind are permitted.
- Never allow your dog to chase children or others.
- "One Gulp" dog treats are permitted. No bones or chew treats.
- No food or smoking allowed in Dog Park.
- It is unlawful to abandon an animal in the State of Arizona (ARS 13-2910.A1).
For More Information
If you have questions or require more information, please contact the Parks and Recreation Office.